Welcome Christina Patterson to the New Heights Counseling Team!
Diverse Counseling Modalities Offered at New Heights Counseling
At New Heights Counseling, we are dedicated to providing a comprehensive range of counseling modalities tailored to meet the diverse needs of our community. While not all therapists may practice every method, our counseling practice is proud to offer various approaches to promote mental health and well-being.
Some of the counseling techniques available at New Heights Counseling include, but are not limited to:
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing): A therapeutic approach designed to alleviate distress associated with traumatic memories.
- Motivational Interviewing: A collaborative, client-centered approach to explore and resolve ambivalence towards change.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy: Concentrates on improving emotional bonds within relationships.
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy: Combines cognitive therapy with mindfulness strategies to prevent the recurrence of depressive episodes.
- Psychoeducation: Involves providing information and education about mental health conditions and coping strategies to empower individuals in managing their mental health.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Focuses on identifying and challenging negative thought patterns and behaviors. It aims to change unhealthy patterns by addressing underlying cognitions.
- Solution-Focused Therapy: Concentrates on solutions rather than problems. It’s future-oriented and aims to help clients identify and work towards their desired outcomes.
New Heights Counseling is Here for You
New Heights Counseling services are for children, adolescents, and adults, and we offer in-person sessions at our Fort Walton Beach, FL, location and online therapy for the state of Florida. The office is on the 2nd floor of WorkSpace Suites at 1992 Lewis Turner Blvd, Suite 1057, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547. Get directions here on Google Maps or visit our office location page. You can call (850) 757-1552 or email us.
Mental Health Services Offered at New Heights Counseling
New Heights Counselors assist those who struggle with anger management, trauma, anxiety, depression, stress, grief, loss, addiction, abuse, PTSD, self-esteem, confidence, body image, eating disorders, and many more. We want you to feel comfortable enough to share your thoughts and feelings with us so that we can better understand your needs and help you find healing and wholeness.
Schedule (Last appointment – 4 pm)
Monday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Tuesday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Wednesday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Thursday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Evenings/Weekends by Appointment
About the Author:
As co-owner of New Heights Counseling with his wife Colleen, Shaun takes on a multifaceted role, combining organizational leadership and life coaching elements to create a unique and highly effective approach to helping therapists and administrative personnel reach their full potential. However, Shaun’s commitment to mental health and personal growth doesn’t stop within the confines of the practice. Beyond the day-to-day operations, Shaun enjoys sharing insights on mental health concerns and encouraging therapists and clients as they navigate their journey toward better mental well-being.